I appreciate RSS Feeds, and I read my feed on a near daily basis. I didn't opt for Bloglines account, as my Google account offers a reader that I already set up. I think it's easy to get buried in RSS, so I use it in moderation. I subscribe to the standard local news providers, but I've also discovered some local blogs like the Spokane Food Blog, Spokanarama, and the Spovangelist. They aren't heavy posters, but I admire that they inject some much needed culture and commentary into the local scene. It heartens me and gives me hope.
In Libraryland, I subscribe to feeds like the Library Journal Latest News and the Annoyed Librarian, to name a few. The Annoyed Librarian is an interesting case because it's actually hosted by the Library Journal, which took a lot of flak for hosting an anonymous, rather caustic blog on a traditionally vanilla site. I think RSS feeds are useful for information professionals to keep up on what's occuring in the profession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment