Hmm....this might be a few (or 6) weeks late, and since I can't think of a clever excuse as to why, I'll just admit that while I consider myself to be adept in the knowledge category of Learning 2.0, it's more accurately Procrastination 2.0 in the action category. But onward...
Technology. It's great, generally speaking (microwaves! combustion engines! polar fleece! other petroleum based and/or dependent products!), and makes life easier. I use it everyday. However, I tend to be a bit skeptical about the "next big thing," especially when it comes to Web 2.0. I'm pretty pragmatic in my evaluations of technology (sidebar: I tend to fall into the Late Majority category of the Everett Rogers Diffusion of innovations theory, but that's primarily because I'm not much of a joiner). It might be cool, but you gotta ask, "What does this really do for me?" I love all wikis, be it Wikipedia, Wookiepedia, or Lostpedia, but I find them to be useful sources of information, and I'm savvy enough to recognize when an entry might have veracity issues, so I'm not too concerned about it being a community edited effort. There are some Web 2.0 technologies that I don't think have any utilitarian value, but we'll save that for a later post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment